Re: Prax

From: Philippe Krait <philippe.krait_at_...-csf.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:12:48 +0100

From: "James Turner" <j.a.turner_at_...>

> I have all the official/fan Praxian publications and ran a PDP praxian nomad
> game, so naturally converting this to Hero Wars is something I've been
> thinking about.

There seems to be quite a lot of goodwill floating around for Prax, which is not at the current time in the line of Issaries production. On the other hand it seems that good propositions are always welcome. So I'm going to make one (and I'm sure that Greg(ory) [to distinguish him from Greg Stafford] will second me here).

Prax is one of the most described region of Glorantha, if fan publications are included. I am sure that all the people which have been playing in it don't want a lot of major changes to occur for the switch to Hero Wars.

So I think that we should start by listing all the Prax material available, down to the smallest article in Fan publication. This could be put on a web page somewhere (Greg(ory) ?). Once that list has been established, it would allow us to do a great number of intelligent (:-) things (which could be spread among a number of people) :

  1. Decide which are interesting to include in a possible PraxPack (possibly by vote on the aforementioned Web Site)
  2. Contact the authors / owners of the interesting bits to know if they would allow re-publication (possibly after change)
  3. On all that "re-used" material, ask Greg (Stafford this time) if anything collides with his uber-arcs
  4. If authorisation is given, convert / upgrade it to Hero Wars
  5. If authorisation is _not_ given, start rewriting hat is interesting
  6. Get Greg to provide his uber-arcs (it might be easier once he has some basis on which to talk)
  7. Identify the areas where information is lacking and start working on these based on Hero Wars
  8. identify all the possible improvements, and start working on these based on Hero Wars

We now have a complete table of contents for a PraxPak...

I am posting this on a number of ML because I know a number of people who have raised that subject in one or the other, but not anybody listens to all of them.

Let me know what you think of this approach...

Philippe