Re: Higher skill

From: bankuei <Bankuei_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:46:52 -0000

Hi Moah,

I felt the same way, until I realized how much goes into augments and modifications. If you aren't really using these, then the scores tend to stay fairly static, and the luck of the dice determine everything.

Once, as a player, you realize that you ought to have at least 3 to 5 augments for anything you do, you have a significantly greater control over what happens. And, as a Narrator, if you're applying those Improv Modifiers, both to the Heros and the NPCs, creative actions on the fly become very useful, allowing players to swing the odds from 5 to 20 more in their favor.

Instead of hoping for lucky dice, my players start trying to come with better strategies, more creative actions, etc. that usually bounce them up at least one, sometimes 2 masteries!

Chris