RE: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 02:18:20 -0400

OK, I'm not sure of any of the rest, but I don't think you can be a Spiritist and a Theist at the same time. Can you? Even as a Lunar?

But assuming you can, in fact, do that, then the way I read the Lunar specialization thingie is that when you specialized, you would pick one of Theism, Animism, or Common to be your "concentration". That one would get the half-cost benefits of concentration. Everything you buy in either Lunar common or Lunar Animism (let's say you concentrated Theism) would have normal "non-concentrated" costs. Yes you could initiate in a new Lunar Theism cult with the concentrated costs.

What you can't do is take a non-Lunar magic of any kind anymore. (In normal concentration, you can't take any magic that isn't of your concentration.)

That's how it seemed to me, anyway.

Of course, I don't understand Selfrock teaching, and why it seems to work differently than the other concentrations. I had assumed concentrating in Common magic meant you only get to have Talents, but that appears not to be the case. (Maybe this missing 4th branch is Mysticism, mentioned tangentally but non-existent in the rules?)

I also don't understand exactly what is up with someone leaving a Wizardry school, either.