RE: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 23:15:24 -0700

> Of course, I don't understand Selfrock teaching, and why it
> seems to work differently than the other concentrations. I
> had assumed concentrating in Common magic meant you only get
> to have Talents, but that appears not to be the case.

That one, I think, is clear enough. You can concentrate in innate magic, in which case you can use talents, but not spells, charms, or feats.

*Or*, you can join Selfrock, which lets you concentrate in *all* common magic. You can keep common spells, feats, talents, or charms, and pay the halved (concentrated) costs for any of them.

As I understand it, if you join Selfrock, you're concentrating on "inner world magic"--you can use any magic which originates in the inner world. Common magic, as I see it, comes from forces which may or may not be native to an Otherworld, but are currently manifest in the Inner World.