RE: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:00:40 -0700

> All I can tell is that there are 4 basic types of magics in
> the common section, and 3 specialized. So either Talents
> means common magic or it means a 4th magic not explained in
> the rules.

Talents are magic powers innate to a person. Other common magic draws on an external source--a daemon, spirit, or essence that is present in the mortal world. Talents do not draw on any external source--they come entirely from within yourself.

So talents aren't "common magic" in general--they're "common magic other than spells, charms, and feats". And they're explained in the rules--they just don't take much in the way of explanation, since they're pretty simple.