Re: Aggresiveness of Walls

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 12:20:53 EDT

Frank Rafaelson:

<< > I still have some problems to evaluate AP bidding for passive
"opponents".

 Do they have to bid? Since you can lose AP when bidding, I see no reason for passive opponents to bid. I would play them with only a resistance and an AP pool. >>

     I don't think there's anything specifically in the rules that prohibits walls, or indeed anyone else, from bidding zero. I don't really see that this helps though, since it just makes the contest last longer - although it does half the number of dice that have to be rolled (since with a bid of zero nothing ever happens regardless of the rolls involved). I think that if you're going to keep the extended contest concept at al (and I wouldn't, BTW) you may as well get the atmosphere that both sides bidding provides. Having said which, if you or your players do find the concept of inanimate objects bidding to be confusing or awkward, I don't think scrapping the bids creates any real problems.

Trotsky