Re: Digest Number 1538

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:49:27 +1000

At 06:59 PM 26/05/04, you wrote:
> >but If I own a copy of the Grimoire can I cast the spell from the Grimoire?,
>
>No as you've been Banned. You could try and make a new spell from the
>Grimoire that you have although this is not described in the rules.
>
> >or use the Grimoire to augment the spells I do know?
>
>Again no.

  A clarification of what happens when you leave. From HQ164: "A grimoire is magically connected to the founder's node and then attuned to the adept who will use it."
  Therefore, a Grimoire is a magical object, for which the relationship is 'Use [Grimoire]'. If you are thrown out or leave, you are cut off from the Node, making the grimoire a permanently non-magical book, thereby removing the Use [Grimoire] ability and any spell-related capability of the grimoire. You have what remains - the memory of what you have learned, and the wand/staff/etc with your spells on it, which you can improve. You don't want to lose that, either; you can't remake it without a Node...

Paul May
0409544095

Any opinion expressed is mine, no matter where I got it from, and I retain all rights to it, should it prove to be of any value.

---