Re: Re: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:53:12 -0500

>From: "Light Castle" <light_castle_at_...>
>
>That's pretty much the way I read it too. This seems to be one of those
>things where I
>see an odd gap in the symmetry and most people don't. That's fine. I get
>that a lot. :-)
>
>Like you, I read it to imply you could normally concentrate just on
>talents, then the one
>example they give refutes that. And there is no specialized "talent" magic.
>Apparently
>this is not something missing, that's the way it was intended. Which is
>fine.

Yeah, you're expecting symmetry for the sake of symmetry. The magic system makes no attempt to be symmetrical at all, and any you see is completely your own perception. It's important to note this because one can make all sorts of mistakes assuming that symmetry exists where it does not. I know that I made some mistakes like that, and quickly disabused myself of the notion that there was symmetry between systems - and it's made things a lot easier since then.

That's not to say that there's no symmetry or that you can't make comparisons. Just don't be surprised when there's something "missing."

Mike

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win $1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp