Re: Re: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:25:31 -0700

Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...> wrote:

> So, the implication that concentrating on a common magic religion
> would
> limit your magical options seems contradictory to that. So, do I
> misunderstand concetration as a whole, or is it that I've
> misinterpreted
> your words on common magic religions above?

My understanding is, the common magic religions in question are all "cosmic force" religions--you're plugging into some basic feature of Glorantha. It isn't so much that (e.g.) you've "concentrated on Lanbril"; rather, you've concentrated your magic on *thievery*. You aren't exactly tied to any particular cult--every land has some stealing magic or other, and it's all open to you. In that sense, concentrating on a fundamental principle (like "stealing" or "entertainment") isn't so different from concentrating on a kind of magic (like animism or wizardry).