Re: Questions about Lunar concentration

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 20:30:19 -0000

Well, to be fair, you pointed out that you have to give up your "Use Grimoire" because of the Ban Adept Ritual. I'd treat it as an acceptable house rule that the Ban Adept just acts as a penalty to the Use Grimoire, allowing a suitably powerful Sorceror to at least attempt to sidestep it (As an aside, can Gbaji Illuminates join and leave multiple wizardry schools without being banned, just as they can avoid spirits and daimones of reprisal?)

>>Again, why do you lose the ability to Use the Grimoire? If
>>Wizardry is about logical rote machinations of spells, how do you
>>suddenly lose the ability?
>
> The Ban Adept ritual as I have already stated. Think of it as
having
> your user privileges at the node revoked with extreme prejudice.

It's not the use of the Grimoire as a physical object you've lost, but the ability yo use it as a channel to the energies on the spell plane

> > > No as you've been Banned. You could try and make a new
> > > spell from the Grimoire that you have although this is not
> > > described in the rules.
>
> >huh?
>
> What precisely do you have trouble understanding with the
> above sentence?

I suspect the fact that you've been saying that you can't "Use" the grimoire, and are now saying you can use it to try and learn a new spell...