Re: Concentration

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:11:56 -0500

>From: Paul May <kax_at_...>

Note: some of you seem to respond to digest entires, and I understand that this is convenient. But when you do, could you try to stick the original name of the thread back in the subject line? To make it clear to what you're responding? Just a request from a member. :-)

Now to the post at hand...

>At 09:37 AM 27/05/04, Mike Holmes wrote:
> >Part of the confusion seems to stem from the fact that in other areas of
> >magic, there's no philosopy to which you "concentrate". That is, in
> >Animism you concentrate to animism. For common magic, you learn
>Self-rock,
> >and this allows one to concentrate in common magic. Basically, the other
> >forms of magic don't seem to have a similar philosophy that has to be
> >aquired first.
>

> You don't concentrate to a philosophy, you concentrate to a world - God,
>Spirit, Essence or Mundane. Self-Rock allows you to go outside that,
>allowing the concentrated use of all types of Common magic, but _only_
>Common magic.

That's all I was getting at. That to concentrate in common magic requires adopting Selfrock teaching (whatever you want to label that as). Whereas you don't have to adopt anything to concentrate in any of the "worlds," AFAICT.

Mike