Animists & spirits

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:31:54 +1000

At 06:25 PM 2/06/04, flynnkd wrote:
>Looking at this I can see major balancing dramas. My players are
>mechanistic (its a burden), and long ago dismissed animists as long term
>weakies, as their spirits dont increase and too many hero points are spent
>gaining them and getting a good relationship etc

  One thing that Animists could do is perform Heroquest Challenges on spirits with higher ratings in things than his own spirits, so as to get one of those abilities for his own spirit. This will boost them without wasting the HP spent on the relationship with them.

  But still, Animists have the same advantage that Wizards do - versatility. They are not bound by the concepts inherent in Affinities, or the single book most Orderlies &c get to use. It's the same thing as staying an initiate so you be an initiate and a practicioner and a follower of a common magic religion - power traded for versatility, as Roderick said.

  Oh, and for the players: I smite them with the great barrel-sized lead head of my MunchkinHammer, wrapped with the flayed skins of rules lawyers and faced with the crushed dice of defeated powergamers, the shaft made of the bound and unused souls of those who say, "let me tell you about my character" even when told to go away and the handgrip surfaced with the burnt eyeballs of GMs forced to look at munchkin minmax character epics!   There.

| Paul May               | kax_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | the_kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | spell_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | games and freeforms done while you
| eFax no: (520)832-2559 | wait (some lead-time required)

"The greater the difficulty the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests." -- Epictetus, Greek philosopher

---