Re: Animist Power & magical defense

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:35:29 -0000

A few points:

Which is not to say that I think animasts are weak, but at higher levels I suspect they have to pick their moments carefully, as opposed to the warrior devotee who knows she's magically ready for almost anything in a fight.

One question, when resisting magic, can you use a bound spirit? For example, you are attacked with the Fiery Spear of Great Crispiness spell at 10W. Your spirit face won't help resist it, and your other magical relationships look doubtful. You have a Wind 5W spirit, and that seems like a fair defence--blow the fire away from you. Can you use it if the spirit is bound in a charm? How about a fetish? Obviously you could use it if you release it from the fetish, but that takes an action, and you could be cooked medium-well by then if you have to fall back on your inate resistance of 14.

--Bryan