Re: Animist Power (Was: Animists and available spirits)

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:48:28 -0000

You are failig to apply the min-maxer theory of maximum efficiencies...

To get a fetish costs a LOT of HPs, especially one that powerful. You then have to buy the relationship up to be sure it works (because as min-maxers your GM is a bastid roleplayer who always puts hurdles in the way of your stumping the living crap out of everything that stands reasonably near you). Those HPs could be used to good value, like improving my single combat ability... plus that boost is only good once per (defined period), whereas my properly invested HPs are always available. It also means you had to save them up over 3 or 4 sessions, OMG!!! not spend HPs as fast (or faster) than they come in!!!

Me personally, I like animists and would play one. I love being versatile.

But this is all away from my reason for posting, which was to get an idea of how common higher level spirits are, those above the values listed in the books, which I assume are the common ones. How rare is a 10w2 spirit?