Re: Animist Power

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 01:52:06 -0000

HQ pg 100 says "(Your Hero) can dispel someone else's magic with an appropriate magical ability in a contest against the rating of the magic being dispelled." I interpret that as meaning the dispelling ability is matched against whatever ability cast the magic in the first place. For instance if an Orlanthi got a +3 augment on his Close Combat Sword ability by using his Combat affinity, then someone dispelling it would match it against the Combat affinity rather than the resulting Cose Combat Sword ability. Likewise the aforementioned Humakt Devotee would match whatever ability he uses for dispelling (say his Cut Deep feat) against the Half Moon spirit's Sharp Edge ability.
Of course, having come up with the idea myself in the first place I may be a bit biased:-)

                                              Mark Mohrfield