RE: concentration counter to membership?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:42:25 -0700

> I would have thought that usually it wouldn't be possible to
> successfully worship in the "wrong" way - perhaps why
> misapplied worship prevents concentration.

Strictly speaking, misapplied worship doesn't prevent concentration--it just prevents you from getting the benefits of concentration.

A concentrated animist can worship Sword Man (misapplied worship of Humakt)--he just pays the same HP costs as he would if he were unconcentrated, and he can't learn a secret from Sword Man. But this means, for example, that a Horned Man shaman (concentrated, like all shamans) could join the Sword Man practice.

The HQ book specifically states that members of the Church of Aeol (misapplied wizardly worshippers of Orlanth, Elmal, Issaries, etc.) commonly concentrate in wizardry, even though they get no benefit from it.