RE: Specific actions, taboos and attitudes

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:12:18 -0700

> I often suffer from a severe lack of imagination when I need
> it most though and what would be nice is a list of examples
> for such things. Is anyone aware of a netbook of animist
> actions taboos and attitudes??

If you just want ideas, you could always start off with the book of Leviticus, which has such taboos as:

I think these are all the kinds of things that could be used as animist taboos. e.g. "If you touch anything of Chaos, you become unclean, and cannot use any Practice X spirits until you purify yourself by bathing once in dirt and once in water..."