Gross Humakti Lottery Sword

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:35:20 -0700

> OK, any suggestions on this, then? It's a lottery sword. Four gifts left.
> We've already coverted the edges to bonuses, and I don't now remember
which
> was which, but it's basically +10 to everything, an extra +10 v trolls,
and
> a built-in Feat called Daylight Dazzling (yes, something trolls hate)
which
> as far as I remember has a rating of 13 or so.

> Would you suggest that I convert that to a single ability/rating, an item
> with three abilities and ratings, or what? And what corresponds to "+10",
or
> worse yet, "+20"? It sounds like something obscenely high. Using a skill
> that high actively sounds like a potential problem?

Assuming you want to convert straight over, a +10 augment would come from a 16W4-5W5 ability;
+20 from a 16W9-5W10(!).

So, I'd probably give it multiple abilities, instead of combining them into one humongous one. So it might have "So Sharp it can Shave a Gnat's Butt 10W2" (+5), "Hits like a Sledgehammer 10W2" (+5), "Uz Bane 10W2" (+5 vrs trolls), "Daylight Dazzling 13" (+2) (you might want to raise that one up), etc.
After all, these came from different applications of Humakts Gifts, (at +5 ranks each) so each gift should be its own ability. This keeps the numbers down to "acceptable" levels, and keeps the sword from haveing a chance to kill an Uz goddess all by itself (augmented by the wielder's Sword Combat skill). Or you can make the hero into "Uzbane's Feet" and make the sword the real hero :-).

RR