RE: Gross Humakti Lottery Sword

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 01:45:23 +0100

> Assuming you want to convert straight over, a +10 augment
> would come from a 16W4-5W5 ability;
> +20 from a 16W9-5W10(!).

I *thought* it was something obscene.

> So, I'd probably give it multiple abilities, instead of
> combining them into one humongous one. So it might have "So
> Sharp it can Shave a Gnat's Butt 10W2" (+5), "Hits like a
> Sledgehammer 10W2" (+5),...
> After all, these came from different
> applications of Humakts Gifts, (at +5 ranks each) so each
> gift should be its own ability. This keeps the numbers down
> to "acceptable" levels,

That's it! Thanks.

Not that I can raise any of these, of course, a Gift is a Gift, but more colour is always good. I'd have to look back at the SFX I've written for it in the past to name them all. I know it has a nasty tendency to unsheath itself and start doing sonic attacks whenever trolls are in the vicinity, which gets embarrassing when you're trying to be friends with them.

> and keeps the sword from haveing a
> chance to kill an Uz goddess all by itself (augmented by the
> wielder's Sword Combat skill).

Quite. As I say, using this as an active ability is nasty. In fact, 10W2 is still far too high.

> Or you can make the hero into
> "Uzbane's Feet" and make the sword the real hero :-).

The backstory makes that a serious possibility :)