Re: Terrify enemies with a shout!

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:46:09 -0000

My concern with using weapon skill is as already stated, that it becomes a default resist everything skill. Certainly my players would have weapon skills around 1w2 and Brave at 17, so even with - 20 they are better off. And as they grow it will get worse.

You can resist magic with other things, like other magic or even your piety... please god make this defence spell work...

I would be reluctant to make it standard that something you allow as an augment could also be used as a defence (even with negs), my players would hammer me on that as they have a better collective memory than I do.

You might make it relate to 'how' the spell is cast... is the caster charging toward them with spear ready... yes a weapon would make me feel better... or has he crept up behind me and scarring the wits out of me... no weapon appropriate here, just bowel muscles.