Re: Terrify enemies with a shout!

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:06:27 -0000

> The game benefits from players being rewarded for lateral
thinking.

I agree. Its one of the things that sets the game apart from the rest and means that people get to play entertainers, for example.

> While I understand the Tea Ceremony school of thought - a master
of
> the Tea ceremony could resist an attack with an axe with his tea
> ceremony 14W3 or whatever, ducking elegantly at the right moment -
> would not allow that as a Narrator...

Nor I. In fact, if memory serves, the rule book says that the narrator assigns a modifier, -1 t0 -20, but if so inapropriate as to warrant a -20, then perhaps should not be allowed, at the narrators option.

Question, warrior attacks (10M) scholar, scholar defends with combat skill (17). When the scholar attacks he uses his bemuse with irrelevant facts(1M2)! Warrior defends with bloodthirsty 17. The scholar wins thus, the guy gives up trying to kill him. Would you allow that scenario in a game?

Regards
Rob