Ap bidding and realism a la Troy

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:31:38 -0000

As I was watching Troy, I thought of how perfect it illustrated the Heroquest rule system! The Hector battles. Woa! When he looked all but done against the big guy, maybe -5 ap, the guy comes in with a parting shot, hector crit, gets a tranfer and he's back in the fight and things look bad for the other guy!

Also, it showed that if you swing around those weapons and get hit, your pretty much out. Unlike Runequest when we used to heal severed limbs and get straight back into it!!! I always though RQ gave a great simulation of real fighting, but I think HQ does better, despite on the face of it having a more abstract mechanic. Ironic eh?

I am waffling so I'll go to bed!!!

Rob