Re: Broad abilities - further thoughts

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:12:56 -0500

>From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
>
>I have a niggling suspicion that improvisation penalties are problematic
>because they are a 'leakage' from one area of the rules into another.

<Snip>

All I can say is a hearty, "well said." I completely agree with everything you put in that post. I might have a different interpretation of the outcome of the implications (and, then again, maybe not), but I do agree that the Improv Mods exist as part of an overall structure that allows the players to maintain the level of plausibility and depth to the in-game elements that they desire. This is why it's neccessarily a judgement call.

Mike

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee� Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963