AP bidding system

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:27:21 -0000

This is just a stray thought that enetered my head, but essentially my melees with AP tend to be very quick, my players bidding 50%-100% just a soon as they can. This is especially true when they attack weaker opponents (fair enough).

What I was thinking was maybe the AP bidding should be more restrictive to slow the AP movement a bit, so instead have (eg using 100AP)

Incon: 1-2 (1-2)
Caut: 3-1/10 (3-10)
Normal: 1/10-1/4 (10-25)
Determined: 1/4-1/3 (25-33)
Reckless: 1/3-1/2 (33-50) (Aggressive would be better term, there is rarely anything reckless going on when this is used by a player.) Berserk: +Berserker skill compulsory, must use Aggressive.

If even opponents attack each other then they need a critical or fumble to end it in one action, which seems more fair to me.

The other even more simpler method is to simply stick to solid values, and not use %. There is tidiness in this...

Incon: 0
Caut: 5
Normal: 10
Determined: 20
Aggressive: 30
Berserk: + skill rounded to nearest 5.

You would have to allow NPCs to make (aggressive) acts regardless of remaing AP, but I dont see a problem with that.