Re: "Magical" object

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:26:13 -0700

> In some scenario players can found object with magical properties.
> Magist objetc ( common and not common magic) with spells.
> Animist one ( " " " ) , charms or fetich.
> Divin one ( " " " ) , with feats.
>
> Who and How using them ?
> If you are an animist, a theist or an adept.
> I think everybody could use magical object with common magic. To
> recognize it, they shoul have the proper ability.
> But for the other one ? and if the person is concentrate, does it
> matter too ? ( he can use it if is cult don't discover it ? ).

Fetches *require* that you have a Friendship with the spirit inside. Non-concentrated heroes can probably use any of them (except fetches) *after they figure out how to use them*.
Concentrated heroes can use those items that match their concentration. Some cults might not allow you to keep/use a specific item - a Chalana Arroy or Errisa follower, or a Praxian woman, probably shouldn't have a magical weapon, for instance.

This is for stuff found in a Inner-world adventure, of course. If you are on a Heroquest and beat up St. Gerlant and steal his Flaming Sword, then you get to keep it & use it (assuming you're not in Chalana Arroy or Errisa - they *still* won't allow weapons!) no matter what your normal magical system and state of concentration.

Of course, the way to get around the hassle is to not state where the weapon's abilities came from. A "Spear of the Sun" doesn't necesarily need to be Theist-, Animist or Wizardy-powered. It all depends on how much trouble you want to go through (and how much trouble you want to put your players through).

RR
- Richelieu