RE: Multi-way contests

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:43:45 +0100

I think I've used this in the past for an assault course that a party was trying to get over in modern-day espionage game. Each obstacle was a contest, and your carryover, as in a HeroQuest, was the measure of your lead into the final foot race at the end. It worked very well. I'd completely forgotten having done that.

> I just got a picture of using HQ to model a game of golf -
> with the difficulty of the hole being broken down into -
> drive, second shot and putting. Each hole would have hazards
> that would determine the difficulty of the next shot
> depending on the success level of the shot before.

I'm sure there's a nice and mythic Gloranthan analogue for golf out there. Probably involving knocking your enemies' heads into holes with a club or something. I'll have to think about which culture that would fit best.

Regards,

Bruce