Prax again

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:05:08 +0100

Wulf:-
>>Possibilities for Hero Wars Praxians:-
>>
>>1. Praxian tribes have loads of shamans, a Waha shaman, an Eiritha Shaman,
>>Storm Bull shaman etc
>
>Yup. You'd have 'Sable Clan Waha Tradition', Rhino Clan Storm Bull
>Tradition', etc.

Oh dear, this really is a big change.
Something just seems wrong with all these shamans running around.

In my old Prax game the players were all members of a high llama clan belonging to the blue llama tribe. When I detailed the players clan it was generally considered that these small clans were led by a Waha chief and an Eirithan preistess. A clan shaman provided protection and advice about the many Praxian spirits and was a contact to the clans spirit ancestors. The majority of males were initiated into Waha and the females into Eiritha the rest were initiates of the other Praxian cults.

To change this to the new animist ideas; The clan chief needs to have the support of a Waha shaman to refill his magic.
The clan herdmother is either a shaman herself or needs the support of an Eirithan shaman to refill her magic.
The clan Waha braves are unhappy because all their magic has gone but they have a fetish or two given to them by the Waha shaman (which they are loath to use because then they have to badger the shaman into refilling it). Those clan wierdos that followed someother Praxian god are completely stuffed. They may have a fetish or two but once it's used they have to find a shaman to refill it.

---
James Turner
Systems Support Officer
University of Aberdeen