RE: Who plays golf?

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:09:44 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alex Ferguson [mailto:abf_at_...]
>
> Ah yes, The Ashes, of course. ;-)

That article was one of the only things I knew about Glorantha before I bought Runequest.

> > They need good weather for golf, too [...]
>
> Definitely, definitely not! In cricket, not only will they
> stop play for any rain whatsoever, and "take shelter from
> storm" in the pavillion, but mere 'bad light' can have the
> same result.

True, golf isn't as weather-sensitive as cricket, but I've seen play suspended in golf tournaments because of rain or high winds. What I was thinking more of was the hiding under umbrellas and so forth. I've played rugby and American football in conditions not dissimilar to the Battle of the Somme (only with slightly fewer machine guns and artillery pieces). Golfers and cricketers - all wimps! ;)

I still haven't decided why Orlanth persecutes golfers and tall trees, though. Perhaps an element of an old agreement with Aldrya is that her trees won't encroach into the middle air. Any that grow too tall get zapped until they know their place...

Regards,

Bruce