RE: Who plays golf?

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:12:17 -0700 (PDT)

Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...> wrote:
> I still haven't decided why Orlanth persecutes golfers and tall
> trees, though. Perhaps an element of an old agreement with Aldrya
> is that her trees won't encroach into the middle air. Any that
> grow too tall get zapped until they know their place...

That may be a complete misunderstanding, though. Oak trees were sacred to Zeus because His lightning bolts struck them so often, and deer were sacred to Artemis because she preferred hunting them to other prey. Maybe Aldrya sacrifices a few tall trees to Orlanth for his life-giving rains, instead?

OTOH, golfers in the rain are clearly asking for it. Maybe He takes them to improve the Orlanthi (by killing of the excessively stupid or testoterone-poisoned).

Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail