Re: Attack vs Defence values

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:10:29 -0000

> >when people work out and use their skill levels
> >in an extended contest, do they distinguish between attack
augments
> >and defence ones...

I have spent many years in the martial arts and studying fighting methods and techniques. I have come to the opinion that HQ bidding system simulates a real fight very well. The fight is generally over after the first telling blow (ie. the knock out punch)

When I first started narrating HQ (never played it) I aksed players what they were doing. If they said 'Run him through' and then got a crit and a transfer, but their opponent was still standing then although the player was very succesfull. So we had a bit of a flaw here.

I have since adapted this to ask what the players objective is, and how determined they are. Then, once we have a result we can narrate what has happened.

I can't remember where it says that a HQ extended contest is about relative positions of advantage? I think its somewhere in the main rules.

Regards
Rob

PS: I think golf is definately a Rinliddi game!