RE: Who plays golf?

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:02:29 +0100

:)

I have played in those conditions, yes, and it can be painful when you hit the deck. Especially if the pitch was churned up into lots of ruts and footprints before the mud died. Not as bad as astroturf, though. Ouch...

For what I meant, maybe I'm thinking of Ypres. That was pretty muddy, wasn't it? My American football team's home pitch was on a small island below sea level - no, really, it was reclaimed from the sea by Dutch immigrants. The drainage wasn't good. One small sprinkling of rain and the pitch would be muddy for several months.

Regards,

Bruce