Re: Money

From: kwinland_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:13:19 EDT

Howdy!

That's pretty much the way that I've been handling it, although I think that the wealth increase system may be prone to abuse based on the Hero Wars mechanism.

Players tend to accumulate small things of wealth (i.e.a small pouch of trimmed-silver coins with well-worn faces and unreadable obverse, small box of rare scribe's ink blocks, a nice electrum ring, salt, amber, etc.). Barter is big, which is always nice.

My chief concern was with the wealth increase. After some decent looting or a modest adventure, the players may increase their wealth 3-4 for a single HP.  I was thinking of making it more difficult to increase as one gets a higher rating, ala Magic. I was *very* curious to see how others handle it, especially if they simply used coinage and ignored the Wealth Attribute completely.

Ken