RE: Re: Defaults and who has em

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:57:34 -0500

>From: "jeffrichard68" <jeff.richard_at_...>

>I think this is correct - Korlmhy Orlgardsson has no Give Birth
>ability. However, his wife Kara Darstenssdottir - by virtue of
>being an adult female - has a default Give Birth ability of 6.

Certainly. But does it make more sense for that ability to be thought of as part of a theoretical keyword, or just as a default that the character has because of random parts of their description.

Think of it this way. You select being a human unless you select a different species keyword. You select your character's sex probably in passing in the narration, or just in talking about it. Look at most character sheets, and sans a name like the above, or the narration being on it, you can't always tell the sex of the character.

The question is, should we think of these selections as having a sorta mechanical description?

Mike

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/