re: Defaults and who has em

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:03:59 -0400

Mike Holmes:

> In another post, somebody suggested that a character need not have a
> theoretical "Female" keyword to give birth, that the default 6 will do.
> Well, only one problem with that. This would mean that men can give birth
as
> well.

Well, according to some sources they can. They need to perform a difficult heroquest of Nandan to gain access to what is normally women's magic to assist the process, but it is possible.

Robin Laws talked about this when discussing Hero Wars shortly before publication, has anything appeared about Nandan since? I think the idea probably arose from the thought that if women have access to men's magic via Vinga, men must also have a cult that gives them access to women's magic.

Andrew