Re: Re: Religion and Childbirth

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:31:38 +0100

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:03:01PM -0500, Mike Holmes wrote:
> Heck, for purposes of my example, can't women be members of male cults? That
> is can a female be a member of the Destor cult?

I believe that 'officially', no. But can worship Destor as a Vinga sub-cult, or 'via' Vinga, or some such. But that's just for the Orlanth sub-cults, nothing preventing them joining Issaries (commonly, indeed), or to take an extreme case as regards connotations of fertility (but by no means gender-exclusivity), Humakt.

> For my question, then, would
> this mean rejecting her womanhood, and expecting never to have children?

IMO, certainly not. 'Twould be a weird construction to impose.