Re: Defaults and who has em

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:59:54 -0000

> Not only am I perplexed as to the motivation for a "sim" rule for
this,
> this mechanic seems very odd as regards the sim in question.
(Unless we
> reverse-engineer Gloranthan reality to suit, which'd seem even
odder.)

My own motivation is simple - in my game, it is important for characters to have children. Makes them full adults, more important in the community, eventually gives them additional allies, etc. I don't want players to have to spend a hero point to decide if they want to have a kid. I also like introducing aspects of life into my game that create incentives to be more "normal" members of a community.

Family and economic rolls were two of my favorite aspects of using Pendragon Pass and I want to model it with HQ.

Jeff