Re: re: Defaults and who has em

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:29:29 +0100 (BST)

> I might date the 'muddle' ever so slightly earlier
> than you place it.
> ;-) Trouble is, this isn't a 'rating', it's a
> 'notation'. If it's to
> simply mean 'automatic success', then fine, but why
> not just say
> 'automatic success'? OTOH, if it's supposed to work
> like an actual
> rating, then how does it fill that role? Can we
> roll it? Can we modify it?

Yes, that was the entire point of the original question refered to. When your PC is very badly injured, at -10 to all actions or even worse, can they still do normal actions like standing up and walking without a roll? Probably not. So what's the skill that you're subtracting 10 from?

The number is a "usually an automatic success", which isn't quite the same.

Jane Williams