RE: Re: Religion and Childbirth

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:48:23 -0500

>From: "jeffrichard68" <jeff.richard_at_...>

> > I must be way off today, because people keep addressing problems
>other than
> > the one that I'm trying to get solved.
>
>I'm sorry Mike - I must have misunderstood your question. Want to
>rephrase it?

Not a big deal, it's getting addressed overall. But just to be clear, it was proposed that a woman would get support from the magic of a "mother" cult if she had a relationship with that cult. Implying that one without a relationship would not. In general terms, not culturally specifically. I'm wondering if that's true, or if mother's cults provide magical support to all births (perhaps, as Jane says, expecting something in return from non-members). Certainly if a player had their character persue such a "trade" I'd allow a roll for it at least. But the question is whether or not it would be perfunctory. Do these cults help out all pregnant women in their communities, regardless of whether they know them through the temple?

Again, I'd be willing to accept that it's culturally dependent. But in general terms, what's most likely?

Mike

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/