Re: re: Defaults and who has em

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:37:28 +0100

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 09:18:00AM -0700, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> the same thing as *Never* fail, but possibly close enough for folk music.

But if the notation means 'never roll', this is meaningless. And if the convention means in effect the same as "20" (or 40), it's entirely pointless.

> Okay, so if you take a -10% penalty on 0w, it turns into 18, a -50% penalty
> turns it into 10. Better numbers for you?

Sounds to me like you're in effect saying an "automatic success" is a rating of 20. (Or, a 40.) If it has any 'special' properties otherwise, they evidently disappear when you modify it.

Cheers,
Alex.