Re: Re: Mastery notation -- from the Continuum list, was: MG's Thoughts on Continuum 2004

From: Graham Spearing <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:58:58 +0100

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 22:31, bethexton_at_... wrote:

> Until I saw this written out, I would totally have agreed that this
> made sense. But seeing 2M04 like that, I find it hard to visually
> quickly pull ou the number that I have to roll against.

Yes, I find myself in agreement here. I still like the idea of switching round the notation. Though it could be made easier to see on a prepared character sheet, I reckon the notation could easily just have a space between masteries and 'number to roll'. So something like:

2M 4
3M 15
1M 5

It strikes me that having a trait noted as 'M6' would make me think of traffic congestion.

Cheers

--
Graham

This fellow's wise enough to play the fool,
And to do that well craves a kind of wit.