impractical practices for Grazers.

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:18:07 -0000

Let me see if I have this right:

All grazers are part of their Majestic Horse tradition (and get the appropriate charms from it--and has anyone else noticed the cruelty of rating a charm spirit at 14?)

All men are part of the Yu-Kargzant practice (although not all are practitioners). Almost all then progress through the four age appropriate majestic spirit traditions (starting with Dastal the Hunter).

Then there are the oddballs. If you follow Folorene, are you still also part of the Yu-Kargzent practice? I'm assuming so since all men join it, and "everyone has to be part of the core practices" (and Denbitos (the shamanic practice specifically notes that most of its followers are not members of Yu-Kargzent until they have awakened their fetch). I'd assume that that you would not be part of its normal subsidiary practices (Dastal et al). Does this sound right to others? (it would make a certain amount of cultural sense that not all Folorene followers would be part of the the "normal" practices, but my reading of the cult and rules seems to suggest they would be).

Next, Gavren, the independant shamanic practice, is specifically noted as being known amongst the grazers. This practice requires certain specified anti-social behavior, which seems to match up well with the nature of Folorene. So it would seem to make sense that someone following Folorene, with the potential to become a shaman, might choose to follow Gavren. Can you do this and still stay part of the core Yu-Kargzent tradition? Or would you effectively have to leave your native tradition to take on this new practice? I don't see anything rules-wise that would force the abandonment, so maybe this becomes more of a cultural issue? However it seems a bit odd to belong to a core tradition, and an alien practice at the same time. Again, any thoughts?

--Bryan