Re: Re: Mastery notation

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 06:01:27 +0100

"Kevin P. McDonald" <paul_mcdonald_at_n...> wrote:
> > I hope I didn't miss anyone else suggest this, but how about using
> > superscript for the masteries? The font-challenged email version
> > might be 12m^3.

*raises hand* ;-) Down to very LaTeXism... (Admittedly, in a post that suggested, or at least mentioned, about half a dozen variants, the kitchen sink, and Uncle Tom Cobley...)

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:27:16PM -0000, Sam Elliot wrote:
> ...which brings us back to edges as a source of confusion
> Sam :)

Eeek. ;-) Just to be quite clear, the ^ is just typesetting notation, and _not_ an actual visual representation: i.e. it'd look more like:

   3
12M

... except with properly typeset superscripts, of course. (One could also write M^3 12, but that's significantly weirder-looking, I think.)

Cheers,
Alex.