Re: Third Eye Blue

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:11:55 +1200

At 05:58 PM 8/4/04 +0000, you wrote:

>What I have so far:
>
>they are a sorcerous culture

Related to the Blue People.

>originally from Fronela (they claim to have ruled it all before Time) but
>linked to Carmania?

>they stole the secret of iron from the Mostali (who hate them for it?)

And later destroyed their kingdom for it.

>they are secretive and clannish and lead a gypsy-like lifestyle

I dunno about clannish. The wanderers seem to thrive in family groups (from a sample size of one admittedly) while there's a city of them in Fronela (which I've thought might be called the Mountain of Metals).

>although they have ritual to adopt outsiders it is rarely used and they
>distrust most (esp other Fronelans)

No need for this. If they want to adopt followers then they tattoo the third eye into their forehead.

>they have magic for crafting all forms of metal

IMO they worship the metals as gods. The God with Silver Feet was their trading deity while they were also able to make Sunbeams and Thunderbolts (usually they sell them to demigods and other immortals but heroes can also pick up a couple). Big Bronze Statues are also a must.

--Peter Metcalfe

---