Re: Initiates using feats.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:47:46 +0100

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:46:16PM +0100, Jane Williams wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:30:56PM +0100, Jane Williams wrote:
> > > Works perfectly for me. And being only an initiate,
> > > she can't just cement feats without help, she needs a
> > > Devotee to give her lessons, take her through the
> > > right HQ, and so on.
> >
> > But the rule isn't "can't cement own cult's feats without
> > help". It's "can't cement own cult's feats".
>
> (sigh) why do people have this thing about misquoting/misinterpreting
> me?
> Where did I say OWN cult's feats? We're talking about the feats of OTHER
> subcults, remember? Which you CAN, specifically, learn stand-alone. At
> 13.

I dunno, Jane, obviously a really widespread and deep-seated grudge, fetish, or something?

You've lost me entirely, then. How does this 'clear up your problem' (quoting Ash, lest I appear errant, whom you were quoting in the original) about the discrepancy _between those two cases_, which is what we were specifically talking about. (Remember?)