Re: Initiates using feats.

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:27:59 +0100

>I can think of a reason: It makes Initiates Devotees -
>5 in all respects, with the additional advantages of
>only half the commitment and being able to use
>non-cult magic.

Not quite. As I understand it, Devotees can improvise any active ability that fits in with their affinity and often cement it after the session. If an Initiate wants a new feat then at the least they have to go chasing after someone to teach them. And Devotees are not only in a better position to use active magic without that -5, they can also buy up individual feats.

If you want to start with decent active magic at the suggested ability levels, then Devotee is the way to go. Unless there are Common Magic feats you want to use - and the GM lets you have them. If you start off with loads of extra points in abilities then extra magic you don't want to lose then initiates might have an edge.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.