RE: Arrggghhh DnD alert!

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:36:26 -0500

>From: ASHLEY MUNDAY <aescleal_at_...>
>
>"Or is divine power really a force from within, and
>surely a devotee of a god can go anywhere and manifest
>the powers he knows exist."
>
>This is DnD fuzzyspeak with forked tongue wherein a
>Cleric need not worship a God and apparently, they are
>channellers of divine energy that somehow get their
>magic from within themselves.

Oh, I dunno. I think that Greg would have something to say about this that might surprise you (I'd be very interested in hearing why it is that he says that you can't get Pavis power outside of Pavis). Even if not, it's not D&D to imagine that the world is not as clear as god here, person here, etc. In any case, I don't think that this is the proposal being made at all. It's that the person's faith is changing the world. That specifically requires worship, rather than excusing it.

That all said, if this is the case, then it's also as easy to say that Pavis's power just goes everywhere, emanating from another world as it does, and that world being sorta colocated with everything, sorta. I mean, it's easy enough to rationalize making the powers work if you want them to.

>You'll be saying mystics are "aesthetics" next.

Sure you don't mean aescetics? Or is this some joke going way over my head?

Mike

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/