Re: Devotee v. initiate.

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:22:59 -0500

>From: "Light Castle" <light_castle_at_...>
>
>Sorry, I wasn't clear. I definitely think those are valid uses and would
>use them all the
>time. I was thinking more of any already-established game mechanic
>difference/use.
>
>I'm all for the subtlelties of slight name differences in abilities being
>used for maximum
>effect.

Hmmm. Well, consider that most abilities don't have any "already-established" game mechanic difference /use, outside of applicability. These have one more than most.

What I'm getting at is that this is, in fact, something that differentiates these sorts of characters, making devotees and initiates even more distinct, not less. Consider that they could just have had the same ability and not had the name differ for both. Uh, Faith in [Diety]. but instead they discriminated.

Mike

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx