RE: Re: City gods

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:50:19 +0100

> Those are excellent examples, Mike, but they miss the
> original problem.
> Which (I should have reiterated in my last post, sorry) was
> that we have a
> theoretical character who is a Devotee of Pavis who is going
> to be ending up adventuring in Sartar.

Remind me, why, from the charcter's view-point, is he wandering off to Sartar?

> The question was, if he doesn't get to use his magic
> (since it can only be used in Pavis, canonically), then will
> this character ever get made?

IF he's got a good reason for the wandering off, then how about this?

There are gadgets that act as mobile temples: the Wooden Sword being the most famous.

How about he gets a magical gadget that's a mobile embassy? While he's within its range, he's technically on Pavis land.

I'm sure I don't need to point out that this thing can be stolen, do I? Or that it could be large and awkward, or that it could be sentient (and awkward in a different way)? Make it the guardian of a little hero-band?

Reason for giving it to him? He *is* an ambassador. After all, how many Devotees of Pavis do you think there are? If the cult wants to send an ambassador anywhere, who gets sent?