Re: Devotee vs. initiate

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:06:34 +1000

At 04:48 AM 11/08/04, Jane wrote:
 >> Paul May
 >>  I don't know - devotee of Dar, Orlanth Rex or Vingkot High
 >> King wouldn't be a real trial that way...  ;)

>This has always puzzled me, yes. No time to spare from their religion to
>be a leader? Really?
>Yet (looking at sample high-end NPCs) the Kheldon *choose* to have a
>Queen who has *one* of those lines (1/10 of her time) dedicated to
>ruling them. So what would be the problem with a Devotee of one of the
>rulership cults as a ruler? In fact, given that Devotees of such exist
>at all, what *else* would they be doing?

  Yup. They are leading, which is their job, included in the time dedicated to their god. Like a warrior in the appropriate subcult, who's fyrd service/raiding time is included in the time dedicated to their religion.   For a Devotee, I'd say about half his cult-devoted time is spent on the throne doing king/chieftain things.

Paul May
0409544095

Any opinion expressed is mine, no matter where I got it from, and I retain all rights to it, should it prove to be of any value.

---