Re: Re: [Mythic Russia]Tell me your Woes!

From: steve_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:48:16 +1200

08/11/04 10:26:27 a.m., "Mark Galeotti" <mark_at_...> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably use it specifically
> as an example of how the narrator and players can opt for
> different types of contest to model different types of event
> and different levels of dramatic importance, and show how
> both would work.

I'd like to see one or more examples of the aftermath of a contest. So the players were trying to beat up some bandits, and they end up with a minor victory - what happens next? Can the players just kill the bandits (in which case the minor victory is as good as a major victory) what consequences are there? If the bandits are "Hurt" and want to run away, how do they disengage without defeating the archer who's goal is to kill them or at least stop them getting away?

These are questions I've wrestled with, and I'm still not sure I know what's going on, but I can fudge it with the best of them...

Stephen

--
Stephen Rennell 	steve_at_...
Wellington, New Zealand